Sunday, December 2, 2007

Wiki

A wiki is something that is created fast. It can be changed by anyone. Anyone can write anything. Wiki can be used for sharing of knowledge and exchanging ideas, it can be a good tool for anyone. My only concern would be how reliable the information would be. The same can be said of the printed word.Just because something is printed,it does not mean that it has to be correct and accurate.Wikis can be very useful for planning events, meetings. Each library can set a wiki with information that is local e.g. local events, services that are offered. Some of the wiki could have been better set out. We have already started using this at the library. But we do not always have access to a computer during working hours. To me this feels more like play time tool. I added my blog to My favourite bolg. It wasn't difficult but I was confused at first.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Great job on your wikis! Please be sure and add your blog as a fav to the PB Wiki (exercise #17) so we can give you credit for that as well! :)